HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nori41

MXA rides JS7's YZ450F

18 posts in this topic

That was an in-depth review of his bike, for sure. I think the ultra stiff suspension is not as stiff as JS had it in the beginning of the sx season; he had it set up with "Kawasaki settings" and the blue bike wasn't an apples-to-apples setting swap. Couldn't imagine how "bad" that was!

thanks for posting.

love that he uses a heat tape on his gas tank. great cheap mod that is probably very effective.

Kinda funny but I bet if they didnt use duct tape on the radiator they wouldnt need the heat tape on the gas tank... Man its hard to beleave that james stewart wouldt be boiling over his sx bikes.

Kinda funny but I bet if they didnt use duct tape on the radiator they wouldnt need the heat tape on the gas tank... Man its hard to beleave that james stewart wouldt be boiling over his sx bikes.

don't think it's boiling over they are worried about, just keeping the gas a cool as possible before it enters the engine.

you want the engine hot and the gas and air coming in cool to allow for a more consistent clean combustion.

some reason you keep your gas can in the shade at the track.

Great article BTW, but no info about the interior of the engine...

The transmission is a works 4 speed, the head is the GYT-R cnc-ported head that is available to the public (and the team claims they do not touch it), the cams are Crower I believe (which can also be purchased under the GYT-R label). The crank and piston are works Yamaha , I'm not sure what compression ratio he runs however.

the head is the GYT-R cnc-ported head that is available to the public (and the team claims they do not touch it), the cams are Crower I believe (which can also be purchased under the GYT-R label).
The cams should be available separately, but are included with the purchase of the head.

Kinda wild to see such a reputable magazine talk heavy trash about a rider huh? They were bashing good ol' Chad Reed!

Just shocked to see MXA run such a biased review I guess. Weather Stewart 'deserved' to win or not, and even though we know he is talented enough to win ANYTHING- He still didn't, Reed won, and thats pretty much that.

I would have perfered to see them battle it out too, but we didn't. I'd hoped to watch R.V. and Alessi mix it up too...... Oh, well.

Just shocked to see MXA run such a biased review I guess. Weather Stewart 'deserved' to win or not, and even though we know he is talented enough to win ANYTHING- He still didn't, Reed won, and thats pretty much that.

What are you talking about? Stewart won the championship this year.

You have the SX and outdoor championships mixed up, dear boy. What the magazine article said was, and you would know this if you had read it a little more in depth, was that Stewart won the SX championship, which he quite certainly did in grand fashion.

Reed won the outdoor, but he might not have if Villipoto and Alessi had stayed healthy. You should also have been aware, if you were paying attention, that Stewart did not contest the outdoor series at all this year.

I like how Stewart says he doesn't use his brakes in Supercross
He probably means he doesn't use them much.

Brakes used to be illegal in AMA flat track racing, and still are in Speedway. That's a little different.

But in a way, it brings up something that continues to annoy me about SX in particular, and modern MX in general: the speed on much of the course is controlled by the layout of the jumps, not by the speed you can hold through the corners. I'm sorry, but IMO, that ain't MX, or any other kind of racing.

anybody catch that it say that js7 doesent really use his brakes at all, and used one set of brake pads for the front and rear the whole series?!

no wonder why hes so fast he dont no how to stop lol

anybody catch that it say that js7 doesent really use his brakes at all,
Yes, an hour and a half before you posted. :ride:

But in a way, it brings up something that continues to annoy me about SX in particular, and modern MX in general: the speed on much of the course is controlled by the layout of the jumps, not by the speed you can hold through the corners. I'm sorry, but IMO, that ain't MX, or any other kind of racing.

I agree with that as far as supercross/arenacross is concerned. Outdoor is better but certainly not like it used to be.

I agree with that as far as supercross/arenacross is concerned. Outdoor is better but certainly not like it used to be.

I agree that outdoors is better, but I'll disagree that SX is not real "racing". True, the jumps, whoops, etc... kind of dictate how fast you can go on the track. But if you think about it, it still takes MAJOR skill to go fast through an SX track, let alone going faster than everyone else on the track.

But if you think about it, it still takes MAJOR skill to go fast through an SX track, let alone going faster than everyone else on the track.

Nah, anybody can do it :ride: