oil coming out of dip stick hole when checking

ok so i have a 05 yz450f and when i check the oil i let it idle 10-15 secs (like the previous owner said and showed me). i pull the fill plug and undo my dipstick it starts to over flow?? and i know im not over filling it im only puttting one quart in. any ideas?

thanks in advance

I have an 06 and it has done the same thing. I have never had a problem from it. I let the motor cool down and check again

Are you checking the oil level with the engine running? If you are, shut it off and try checking the oil.

ok so i have a 05 yz450f and when i check the oil i let it idle 10-15 secs (like the previous owner said and showed me). i pull the fill plug and undo my dipstick it starts to over flow?? and i know im not over filling it im only puttting one quart in. any ideas?

thanks in advance

Yeah, but how much are you draining out?

How long are you waiting after you shut it off?

You must drain oil from both the frame AND the crankcase drain, or you will not be removing all of the oil.

The oil cannot be checked while the engine is running.

Shut the engine off and let it set for a couple minutes, check the stick, if its still coming out it is too full. Go to the "commond threads" there is a link for manuels. It will help you out. I think they are printable also.