Replace my 08 yz450f exhaust cam with a WR exhaust cam ,is it ok ?

You said you were going with the GTYR weighted flywheel,correct?

I would suggest trying that modification first,the extra weight on the flywheel should help smooth out the low end power delivery of your 450.

Then if that is not enough then try the WR cam.

That's a great plan, the flywheel should make the engine more luggable at low rpms. Adding a couple of teeth to the rear sprocket should help too, I know it helped my yz to behave better at low speeds. Killing the low/mid power on a yz is just pure heresy, blasphemy.

That's a great plan, the flywheel should make the engine more luggable at low rpms. Adding a couple of teeth to the rear sprocket should help too, I know it helped my yz to behave better at low speeds. Killing the low/mid power on a yz is just pure heresy, blasphemy.

I might try going the other way with gearing,smaller rear sproket.

It works out to being a gear higher and the motor doesnt build revs as fast.

This is just my opinion.

But when riding on slick surfaces being a gear taller and using the low end of the power curve provides smoother more tractable power delivery.

I geared my YZ up 3 in the back(45 tooth Vs. 48 tooth stock) so it doesnt slam right to the rev limiter.

But my YZ isnt a 450 its the baby brother model.

I have more top speed and my tiny 250 will still chug up some really steep hills.

Plus I dont have to shift so fast to stay in the low to mid power range.

I agree Sider Steve I down geared my 04 YZ450 just a little bit and it provides a lot more traction and a lot less shifting. I especially like it on tight single track as it pulls forever in 1st gear. It works out well on a MX track as well as I mainly ride in 2nd or 3rd and carry more momentum.