HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hondacrf250rrr

yz426 and yz450 motor parts

5 posts in this topic

i am looking at a 426 but its going to need and complete top and bottom end rebuild what would i need to make it a 450

You can buy a 444cc big bore kit for the 426. That's only 5cc smaller than the real thing. However, you should think about something:

A complete rebuild back to stock can cost as much as $1500-2000 just for parts and sublet labor. 2006 YZ450's are all over the place for under $3K these days.

You're going to grind your own valve seats?

Luke's Racing makes good quality kits at a good price.

My price estimate still holds. At the end of spending ll that time and money, you'll have a YZ426 that will be heavier, slower, not handle as well, and have inferior suspension compared with something you could have just gone out and bought. Think about it

i have the motor in my quad so it doesnt matter. but i saw something on there website about when u send ur old cylinder back they give you 300 bucks if its in stock