2010 yzf450 VIDEO!!

I just wanted to throw out there also, that people who are super skeptical of the bike, and think it's just all hype need to remember (or look into) the financial situation Yamaha has been facing in the past few years...It's a huge company that makes 1000's of products (like huge, fancy, dual motor, push a button and automatically go into wakeless mode boats)...And they rely a lot on the OHV market...They're not going to mess this up, and I think the executives want their full salaries back...

Here's a quick google result:

Although Yamaha Motor Co. posted over a 23 million dollar net gain in 2008, the company is already projecting over a 460 million dollar net loss for 2009. The publicly traded company's first net loss since since the last major recession in 1984, the reason for the new projection is due to the rising yen's effect on Yamaha's export market coupled with the current global financiapocalypse.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Yamaha is projecting a 22% drop in global sales. While we'd like to think this is largely because nobody's buying new Yamaha engines for their fishing boats, the motorcycle division is still projected to take a loss. The result of which is a consideration to postpone a new test track and parts plant in Japan as well as freezing production expansion for a plant in Indonesia. The company is also slashing executive salaries by as much as 20% for the remainder of the year.

The good news is that Yamaha dealers near the US borders in both Canada and Mexico are expected to report record sales from their parts departments for children's motorcycles and atvs for 2009.

via Trading Markets

Grant Ray. February 13, 2009 — Permalink

Well, it's speculation based on a conversation I had with a factory Honda mechanic
Wow, there's an obviously reliable source :) :)
...He told me the fluids are separate in ALL existing rear inclined motors...
The fluids were separate in all existing motorcycles for at least 40 years, and for another 40 or so after that, they were separate on all existing dry sump four strokes of any configuration. In fact, the clutch was separated from the transmission. Number of cylinders or incline angle (or crank axis, for that matter) had nothing to do with it. Things change when the engineers involved feel like there's an advantage. The fact, if it's true, that all RI 4-stroke singles have been that way up to now is purely coincidental, and isn't necessary to incline the cylinder rearward.
And that it's not like Yamaha invented the rear inclined motor, they've just tweaked existing technology to work for their dirtbike...
Virtually every major design advance in gasoline engines, including the engines themselves, was invented by Germans at some time during the previous two centuries. The Japanese have excelled in refining those designs and the processes by which they are manufactured.

And I'm sure they know that separating the oils will increase the life of the motor for all those people who don't change the oil at recommended intervals

So am I, but they knew that 11 years ago when they designed the current YZF's.
If they threw a sight glass in there I'd be really stoked!
Me too, as long as it's on a dry sump oil tank with a minimum 1.5L capacity.

All in fun :ride::lol:

:lol:I'm still right:lol:

(Yamaha is) a huge company that makes 1000's of products (like huge, fancy, dual motor, push a button and automatically go into wakeless mode boats)...And they rely a lot on the OHV market...They're not going to mess this up, and I think the executives want their full salaries back...
It should be noted that Yamaha also made (and may still make) the the V6 engine in the Ford Taurus SHO, and builds the 4400cc v8 in the Volvo XC90 (an extraordinary engine it is, too). Furthermore, engines and vehicles are only one segment of the company's product spectrum, which includes audio electronics and musical instruments ranging up to the finest available.

The 22% is not necessarily within the motorcycle segment alone, but company wide. Still, you can figure that in an economic slow down, the less essential things are what is cut back on the most, and dirt bikes fit in that category....for some people.

:lol:I'm still right:lol:
Now you're arguing like a girl. :lol::ride::)
:ride:
Haha, I thought it was actually a pretty cool video.

To get James Stewart (shoe in), Erin Bates, Valentino Rossi, Doug Dubach etc in the same video, shows that this is going to be big. And its not even the actual release video. :ride:

um and Ben Spies come on now!

i just realized how freaking stacked the Yamaha talent is...

damn.... he didn't debunk the myth that it has WI-FI

must be its true !!!1

No matter what it has, its going to cost alot. Get ready to refi on the house. BNG costs lots. Give James an Oscar for his part. It was worth watching the Video to see Erin Bates!

GUESS WHAT? I know a guy that rode the new 450 and he told me all about the new bike.I cant say what the changes are but it will blow your mind,and not just the plastics, I'm talking motor changes.And he thinks they wont be released untill NOV. Sorry but this is very reliable info!!!

lol...

Yamaha europe got new prizes for 450 i could not belive it 10200e who can affort that amount on mx bike. Honda 2010 450 cost 7990e. Turn around engine what ever not worth that prize tag!

Euro's???

that equals

14,571.42892 US Dollar

They will not sell at that price.....are you sure the data is correct?

Euro's???

that equals

14,571.42892 US Dollar

They will not sell at that price.....are you sure the data is correct?

all my Euro friends usually pay 2 times what we pay for bikes.

bikes are very pricey over there.

one of my buddies in Norway wanted to part out a USA bike and bring pieces over in his luggage. of course this isn't feasible but you get the point.

Hahaha, yeah I sold my stock exhaust to a guy in Belguim...I made good money on it, and even with the shipping (was something like $80) the guy was so crazy stoked...He said he'd have to pay at least twice what he did to buy it there...

If the pricetag here is around $10 grand, I could see it being close to 14.5 there...

well we will find out how much Monday

I am excited to see it, but with my 09 I will be waiting a couple of years

Yamaha has done a great job with all the buzz going on.

there just trying to get people hyped about the bike, This was bust a BS video for it

Price is ~$9K and each dealer will get 11 or so units total for the entire year. Limited production!! Better put your deposit on one now or be sorry later. The many changes are real and the other manufacturers will be burning the midnight oil to play catch up for 2011!

^ agreed. been shopping around on a new bike for the past two weeks. talked to the local powerhouse dealer and was told around 9k for the 2010 yzf also. ahhhhhh! idk what to buy lol.

Damn 9K is startin to get a little steep for a new bike. I think I could buy two really nice 08's in excellent used condition for that price heck I could own a 250f and 450f for that matter. . .

11k is a reality. In 2 years I think it's the "business" plan to have a bike cost that much.

I think I will find another sport soon if that's the case.

Why does everyone think the price is going to increase more than the normal yearly inflation of bikes? The 010 250 went up about 500 bucks and is still less than the MSRP of the 010 Honda 250. I expect the same type of increase for the 450 those talking about 10K are nuts.