HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pgdirtman

WR street legal in NC

9 posts in this topic

Can someone explain how they tagged their WR in NC. All I have is the certificate of origin. I think I saw where I have to take it to another friendly state and then re-register in NC. Thanks

In VA, I simply went to a rural DMV and asked for a plate. Put a dual sport kit on it, got insurance and had it inspected down at Bubbas garage. For you it is probably the same. You can ask Yanni (posts a lot in the DS forum) as he is a NCer.

No NC is really tough, I've read some horror threads... that one guy seems to be the only one with the knowledge to do it.

In MI you just have a cop (any old cop) inspect the bike... I have just a plate holder on mine. :ride:

Guys have had to jump though hoops in VA too. I think a lot has to do with how the problem is approached. In the back woods areas, everybody is easier going. Not uncommon to see a 12 year old kid drive a huge farm tractor down town (past the one light i the county) to go to Micky D's. That same kid in Richmond would be doing time.

Did you take your Certificate of Origin to the DMV? It's in bold letters "off highway us only". Thanks

Do some searching, apparently there is a guy in NC that knows the loopsholes of the state. I have heard from freinds that live in NC thats it is 'nearly impossible' but someone around here knows how to.

I was reffering to it being very easy to do in Michigan, they are very lax here on two wheeler registrations.

My neighbor was the original owner; he got the initial NC title. He said it was simple. Sorry I can't give you any more information.