HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
radar_ridr

new xr650r - what is best price?

10 posts in this topic

might be plunking down cash for a 650r tomorrow - if my dealer will sell at a really good price... what is the best price I can expect? he does not charge any setup or delivery, just straight price plus tax.

I bought my 2003 back in October 2002. I don't remember the exact figure. I went through several dealers till I got the bike out the door for just a touch over $6,000.... I paid cash also.

I haven't checked for a while but you could get one last summer for $4398 OTD in Petersburg, WVA.

$6000 Wow :)

I paid $3999 OTD in Jan of '02 for a '01, the bikes are the same 00-03 so if you can get a year old one (new of course)you should be able to get them between $4000-$4500. Tell them to leave it in the crate and assemble it yourself if you have to, save that money and give it to Barnum for a new suspension.

Those prices are amazing. I guess this is what I get for living in the high rent district. I contacted all the local dealers (about 8) and 6G OTD was the best anyone could do. I was happy :)

Got my 2002 about this time last year for 5.3 large OTD from a dealer in Poway. Whatever deal you can finagel on this scoot, it is the best Bang For The Buck going! :)

thanks for the info, everybody. going back tomorrow, we'll see what happens... he did not have one in stock last time. I know if I see one I'm gonna want it!!!

if you have cash (real green) then you should be able to get it out the door for no more than $5,600. Really, don't pay anymore. take the box if they will sell it like this to save their assembly fee... Nice trick is to make the deal in 10-15 minutes total. tell them this and then walk out with the green in your hand. simple, money talks bull walks... tell the salesman/woman that if he gets you that price you will tip him $20-40 bucks cash for him...