HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bakeyz426f

engine removal help!

7 posts in this topic

if im not mistaken the engine is attached to the swing arm. i think ive removed everthing else except were it attaches to the swing arm. i removed a nut on one side were a bolt of some kind goes through the swing arm. how do i get the bolt out? the over side of the bolt doesnt look like you can wrench on it. or is this not necessary to remove the engine? this is on a 02 yz426f

It's basically an axle like what goes through your wheel. Take a long punch and a hammer and hit it out. You may have a problem if the swingarm bearings have never been greased, as that pivot bolt will seize in there.

1 person likes this

i have everything removed except a wire going down to the flywheel. i cant get the two screws out of the flywheel area that seem to be holding the wire. im affraid ill strip them. is there a disconect for the wire some where else or does any one know a good way to get screws out that are in real tight?

is there a disconect for the wire some where else ?

Up by where the leads meet the main harness behind the steering head. There's a rubber cover over the connector.