HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jackalope

suspension suggestions

4 posts in this topic

I need a little advice on suspension. I am 6'2" 250 lbs. I have noticed I bottom pretty hard on bigger g-outs and jumps. I have messed around with the shock and fork but even at it's stiffest settings I bottom. Should I spend the dough and get stiffer springs? Front and back? Any idea what it should cost. I have been quoted anywhere from $600-$1500. I race desert (D-37) and do some track riding (Not much). Obviously losing some lbs. would help, but I love food!!!LOL!Thanks in advance.

03 wr450 :)

$600 - $1500 FOR SPRINGS? :)

What weight oil are you running in the forks? At what height?

You can try more oil. Heavier weight oil. More of a heavier weight oil.. etc.

You can also find an assortment of springs here on TT...

Merf

Hi Jackalope,

I suggest you post your question on Thumpertalks suspension forum. You will more likely get the answers you need there. I am shocked at your price quote though. I just sent mine in to have set up for 230#. Only need stiffer back spring and was quoted 89.00 for it. The valving I am having done is where the real $ is going. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 245 per end and 89.00 for back spring.

Fryboy

I have a set of .48kg fork springs if you are interested p.m. me offline. I am 6'2" 210lbs and these were to stiff for me. Should work really well for your size.