YZ426 vs. CR500

My buddy has a stock Cr500 with just a pipe... I have a fully built 426 the motor has pretty much all aftermarket parts for power.. Im trying to figure out who thinks the 426 would win and who thinks the Cr500 would win in a drag up Olds Hill?? The Cr500 is a 89 and my 426 is a 02

man no love for the yz yet.. ive riddin the 500 and i say the yz has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more power...

the only way the 500 would have less power than your bike is if the motor in the 500 was completely clapped out, or if the jetting is way off, or maybe you didn't twist the throttle on the 500 completely.

Yep, if both bikes are running good and putting the power to the sand via good tire, drivetrain and suspension, I'd go with the CR500.

At next month's Big Nasty Hillclimb, a bunch of us are riding the same CR500 and KX500 mainly cuz it's ludicrous fun! Get that rear wheel spinning and hang on; four strokes put the power to the ground almost too well which is not what you want on most gnarly steep hill climbs, especially looser ones.

Not that you asked, but my 450F always gets a 500 two smoke in a drag race in most conditions because that's when the power to the ground comes in handy; when the 450 tops out in gears and the 500 stops its violent wheel spin, the two smoke blows by. But by then I have turned and went the other way. :ride: