YZ426 vs. CR500

My buddy has a stock Cr500 with just a pipe... I have a fully built 426 the motor has pretty much all aftermarket parts for power.. Im trying to figure out who thinks the 426 would win and who thinks the Cr500 would win in a drag up Olds Hill?? The Cr500 is a 89 and my 426 is a 02

I'd put all my money on the 500

one for my five in the yamaha section. i will be running a ten cup with 15/49

sprockets.

I think the CR will win on a straightway, but the 426 will win at a track like type of terrain. Im not sure, I have a CR and a 426, but never have raced each other.

Stacy

what about a drag up olds hill at glamis

The 500 will smoke you.

uhh, if the 500 has paddles:worthy: , i wouldnt be betting money on the 426. even if the 500 didnt have paddles, i still wouldnt bet on the 426.

Stacy

man no love for the yz yet.. ive riddin the 500 and i say the yz has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more power...

man no love for the yz yet.. ive riddin the 500 and i say the yz has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more power...

the only way the 500 would have less power than your bike is if the motor in the 500 was completely clapped out, or if the jetting is way off, or maybe you didn't twist the throttle on the 500 completely.

You gotta remember, 450Fs were built to replace/race/compete with 250 smokers not 500cc smokers. :ride:

well dune season is almost here and hes putting his bike back together this week so we will soon see...

i will be taking video of it

Are you talking stock Cr cause they make like upper 60s hp stock and that 426 is a pig even if it is built maybee 55

the new ktms barely crack 54-56 and thats a 450..... so my money is on the stock cr500 with or without a paddle....

my buddy have a kx520, without a paddle tire it wasnt even close to my yz with a paddle in the sand.

500 with a paddle will eat them all.

was that a kx 500 with a 520 kit or a kx 250

was that a kx 500 with a 520 kit or a kx 250

bored to 520.

Yep, if both bikes are running good and putting the power to the sand via good tire, drivetrain and suspension, I'd go with the CR500.

At next month's Big Nasty Hillclimb, a bunch of us are riding the same CR500 and KX500 mainly cuz it's ludicrous fun! Get that rear wheel spinning and hang on; four strokes put the power to the ground almost too well which is not what you want on most gnarly steep hill climbs, especially looser ones.

Not that you asked, but my 450F always gets a 500 two smoke in a drag race in most conditions because that's when the power to the ground comes in handy; when the 450 tops out in gears and the 500 stops its violent wheel spin, the two smoke blows by. But by then I have turned and went the other way. :ride:

500 for sure

definatly the 500

sorry bud but a 426 doesnt have a chance against a 500 in the dunes , but good luck i cant wait to see the video