Got my jet kit and AIS removal should be here today

Do not forget, you are also buying a triple taper needle, that is a large part of the package.

I'm no expert, but I have ridden my WR with an NFPP needle and a WR with a JD needle, didn't notice any "benefit" of having the triple-taper needle at all. I'm sure that if having a triple-taper on the needle was a significant benefit, the engineers that design the needles for these FCR carbs would have already noticed and put it to use.

I do not think the kit is necessary for those living in relatively flat areas(elevation speaking) and will never need to rejet. I think I have $45 in my jetting.

There's a lot of variation in elevation and temperatures where I ride, there's never been a reason to change the jetting at all. I think all it takes is to find a nice "middle of the road" setting and leaving it there. These bikes tolerate quite a bit of variation without complaining too much.

It's alive!...... i got it back together enough to start it.. and it seems very responsive!.. now just need to put it the rest of the way together and give it a test ride! :ride:

The unabiker radiator guards were a PITA to install... i had to run up to sears and get an extension and some allen head bits.

It's alive!...... i got it back together enough to start it.. and it seems very responsive!.. now just need to put it the rest of the way together and give it a test ride! :ride:

The unabiker radiator guards were a PITA to install... i had to run up to sears and get an extension and some allen head bits.

But now can swill as much beer as you want and will not trrash the radiators.....:)

There's a lot of variation in elevation and temperatures where I ride, there's never been a reason to change the jetting at all. I think all it takes is to find a nice "middle of the road" setting and leaving it there. These bikes tolerate quite a bit of variation without complaining too much.

They can definately tolerate a wide range. Wider than any bike I've owned in the past.

OMG... i just rode it....

I can't believe how much power it has now....

its amazing... all it wants to do is ride wheelies.... makes my XR400 feel like its 100cc

the only problem i have is that when i started it up.. my headlight came on and then immediately went out... ... hard to believe the bulb burned out already...

I would make sure all your wiring is fully plugged in and the battery terminals are fully tightened since I assume you removed them when you took off the sub frame.

Check the big ground wire at the front of the engine just above the exhaust header.