06 Wr450...

So my riding partner picked up a nice 04 wr450 a few months ago and after getting it lined out, I have gotten a chance to spend some time on it. (If you recall this is the 04 that when we got it home had no main jet in it ) He has really enjoyed the bike and I was a little skeptical of the weight. I must say I have been very impressed and have been watching for one close by in my spare time.

I found an 06 pretty close to home and it looks very nice, so I sent the guy a deposit and am going to pick it up saturday... Can't wait.. I have always been a yamaha fan. still have my gas gas, but no thoughts that at some point I won't be waiting on a part from spain, even though so far in the last year or so, parts have not been a problem.

It is uncorked, tt ais removal kit,m4 pipe, jd jet kit ( which I hope will be close as we are pretty close..) Also comes with a magura hyd clutch, not installed yet...

saturday will not get here quick enough.. will post up pix's when i get it..

You gonna keep the GG and RMX?

You gonna keep the GG and RMX?

the gg 300, yes for sure. The RMX, probably. I have a ton of time and money in it that i will never get out of it. When I bought it, the oil drain hole in the case was broken out, so it got a new set of cases. Plus my 19 yr old still rides with me at times and I would rather see him crash the rmx than the gg...

I will probably be getting with you for a link. At 5'6" i many need one for the WR...

consider shaving your seat down. It was the best mod for my 29" inseam:o

consider shaving your seat down. It was the best mod for my 29" inseam:o

i did that on a yz400f i had, worked pretty good too. I had a buddy who does auto interiors put some soft foam in it also, it was sweet...:ride:

I have never been able to put more than a toe down on anything anyway.

My son who is 6-1 ish puts both feet flat footed on everything...

cheater...

i did that on a yz400f i had, worked pretty good too. I had a buddy who does auto interiors put some soft foam in it also, it was sweet...:ride:

I have never been able to put more than a toe down on anything anyway.

My son who is 6-1 ish puts both feet flat footed on everything...

cheater...

sure he's yours?:)

sure he's yours?:ride:

it is kinda strange i have the same mail man where ever i live....

here, tulsa, back here.....

na he's mine.... the wife units dad was way tall... I tell him i was that tall when i married his mom.... years of being beat down....

:ride::):lol: lmao

got it home... pretty sweet

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

looks like a nice bike how many hours are on it did he say?

he said the guy he got it from 6 months ago might have put 20 hrs on it..

He rode it for the last 6 months quite a bit, but it is very nice...

Nice, Jay:thumbsup:

If its as good as it looks, you're in business. Aren't you glad you didn't go for the '03?

I don't like it..... It's not a Honda :ride:

Good looking bike man!

Nice, Jay:thumbsup:

If its as good as it looks, you're in business. Aren't you glad you didn't go for the '03?

yes sir....

I don't like it..... It's not a Honda :ride:

Good looking bike man!

come on now.....gonna have to cover that honda with a nice rooooostt...

Don't want to burst any bubbles, but, looking at the pics. I would guesstimate 50 hours or so, by the cases and paint scuff by the boots? - new front tire, but it is in great shape:ride: :ride: IMO, this winter I would slap a new piston and rings, check valves, re-grease everything, fork oils and be trouble free for years?? Piston and rings could'be overkill, but I hope people get the drift?:):lol:

I don't want to bust any, either, but I've seen that kind of paint removal in less than 20 hours a number of times. Depends on your style.

A leak down test will tell a lot more about the top end than looking at the cases will, but looking at the valves and lubrication condition is always a good idea.

I don't want to bust any, either, but I've seen that kind of paint removal in less than 20 hours a number of times. Depends on your style.

A leak down test will tell a lot more about the top end than looking at the cases will, but looking at the valves and lubrication condition is always a good idea.

I see your point! How long does a stock tire last on a wr450 in Texas? Any ideas? I put Track-Master K760's, they seem to work and last ok for a dot tire? so I could plate them.

he said twenty hours before he got it.... and he told me he rode it alot in the last 6 months so i am thinking the 50 hour is about right... he told me they ride every saturday morning they could.

a timing chain, valve check, fork seal and service, scotts stainless filter, ams oil and full check over is coming very soon, since i am not sure.

it fires right up effortlessly with the push of the button....

we put a maxxis it on my partners wr450 about 6 months ago and it is sure showning wear. not sure what i am going to put on this one.

the michelin m12 on my 300 has worn very well, but i think the 450 is going to be harder on tires....

I also did not get to leave without riding his 2010 450 berg... fi .. e start.

it was pretty cool. he was a very nice guy and very easy to deal with..

jay

The stock front tire is el stinko. I could see it being replaced ofter ride #2.