HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
3mk14

Electrical issues with Wr450

1 post in this topic

The blinkers on my wr450 (aftermarket enduro blinker set) are only working occasionally. I don't see any consistency in when they work and when they don't. The bike can be off, on, on for a long period of time and the blinkers will only work sometimes. I notice that when the blinkers do work the headlight signicantly dims.

At first I thought it might be a loose connection or a short but after about 30 mins poking around the electrical connections, I didn't really find anything. Occasionally, the headlight will cut out...which again makes me think there is a connection problem somewhere.

My gut tells me there is a short/ground/or loose connection somewhere that I haven't found. I can't think or any other issues...

If anyone has any comments about the issue or a good method of tracking down a bad connection or ground it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!