I doubt my pack job is gonna work.

wrbag.jpg

I mean, the bag is gonna rest on my knees. I have steering damper, so I shouldn't have headshake issues. I can turn several degrees, but obvoiusly not full lock.

I only need to go 25 miles... think I'll make it?

Edit - I should add... its all street... then unpack.

wrbag.jpg

I mean, the bag is gonna rest on my knees. I have steering damper, so I shouldn't have headshake issues. I can turn several degrees, but obvoiusly not full lock.

I only need to go 25 miles... think I'll make it?

YOU ARE A BRAVE MAN!:thumbsup:

LOL :thumbsup:

Looks like it would be easier to just hang the bag over your shoulder...

LOL :thumbsup:

Looks like it would be easier to just hang the bag over your shoulder...

I am contemplating that as well... think I'm gonna take the heavy stuff out and give that a try tonight before I leave.

Yeah, you'll have more luck wearing it as a backpack. It'll rest on your rear fender and take most of the weight off your back. And if it's just smooth roads it shouldn't be too scary.

I have seen worse loads over longer distances. I had a best friend move 380 miles away, used his bike (a '63 BSA 250) to do it. It was terrifying to watch him ride off. He made it though.

But do as other suggested and have the load behind you, sit up against the tank, have the load close up to you. You do not want it to over stress the subframe.

You do not want it to over stress the subframe.

As if it isnt already being stressed enough by my enormous beer gut. :thumbsup:

I rest my beer gut on the gas tank when sitting. Takes the stress off the subframe.

There is nothing wrong with that load. The problem is the bike.....it should be a Honda Cub :thumbsup: and when you take the trip you need to wear shorts and sandals.:worthy::):D

How did you pack job work for you?

I should add... its all street... then unpack

No problem then! :thumbsup:

How did you pack job work for you?

I redid it. I ended up using that pack as backpack and then put another backback on the front. Too many people said I was nuts for trying to do it that way.