HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mongial

Bad Carma or Fluke deal?

4 posts in this topic

I just got home with my brand new 09 WR450:banana:. Back the truck up the driveway and unload the bike. Take a short trip down the street to check it out:thumbsup: Park it in the garage. Start the truck to move it in the garage and it throws blows a plug out of the head which stripped the threads in the cylinder.:thumbsup:

I just got home with my brand new 09 WR450:banana:. Back the truck up the driveway and unload the bike. Take a short trip down the street to check it out:thumbsup: Park it in the garage. Start the truck to move it in the garage and it throws blows a plug out of the head which stripped the threads in the cylinder.:thumbsup:

One heli-coil later, and your head will be fine. Must be a Diesel ............

uhh diesels dont have plugs....that spark....

Let me guess its a ford with a 4.6-5.4, or a v10 right ? Thay only have 2 threads holding in the spark plug in the aluminum head. There is a specific procedure ford uses to change the spark plugs... I am just never going to change mine.

uhh diesels dont have plugs....that spark....

Let me guess its a ford with a 4.6-5.4, or a v10 right ? Thay only have 2 threads holding in the spark plug in the aluminum head.

This is where I would put my money.