HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LukeWilson

Bike Pissing Coolant!!

5 posts in this topic

I have a '99 WR400, it has recently started to piss coolant out of the over flow. It will do this even when the bike is warm but not into the overheating range. It will fill the catch tank then start coming out of the overflow tube. I have switched to a known good rad cap and my water pump is working how it is supposed to (as far as i know). The bike does not appear to be burning any coolant, just leaking it out. To me the only other option is the head gasket, it just seems odd that it isn't burning any. Any other things i should check before i tear this beast apart?

Thanks,

Luke

Sounds like excessive pressure in the cooling system, most likely caused by combustion pressure leaking into the coolant passages. AKA blown head gasket.

1 person likes this

If i did a leak down test, i would be able to see bubbles coming up with the rad cap off, correct?

Thanks,

Luke

I would think so, since the pressure has no where else to easily escape if blown. researching the same problem for my 09 husky te450. mine started spitting and blew the crossover hose, a real bummer bro.