Changing Sprockets

Changing my front and rear sprockets because they are wasted and got the rear one done no problem but can figure out how to do the front one?? Any help would be great thanks. By the way the bike is a 07 yz 450f.

Whats the problem? It's just a Nut and washer bent around the Nut...

press on rear break chain on and turn with a big socket.

Or use an impact socket:smirk:

press on rear break chain on and turn with a big socket.

Or put a tire iron or something similar between the spokes at the rim, roll the tire ahead until your tire iron is up against the swing arm, then put your socket on the nut. Use constant steady pressure and it should break loose. Much easier to do it this way by yourself. Tapping on the end of the wrench with a good size hammer sometimes helps to break the nut loose too.

I've had luck just putting it in gear and QUICKLY and forcefully undoing the bolt.

Or put a tire iron or something similar between the spokes at the rim, roll the tire ahead until your tire iron is up against the swing arm.

Your joking right? O.o

Your joking right? O.o
No.

My personal choice is a piece of ash wood that I keep for that purpose, and that, or a hammer handle or something else wood or plastic is a bit better choice than a tire iron, but it works very well. Keep the wood, or whatever, as close to the rim as you can.

My personal choice is a piece of ash wood that I keep for that purpose

I prefer oak. Seriously.

The torque on the nut is 75Nm so it can be both loosened and tightened by standing on the right side of the bike and pressing down on the rear brake with your foot while working your socket wrench on the nut. Real easy.

Your joking right? O.o
No.

My personal choice is a piece of ash wood that I keep for that purpose, and that, or a hammer handle or something else wood or plastic is a bit better choice than a tire iron, but it works very well. Keep the wood, or whatever, as close to the rim as you can.

I prefer oak. Seriously.

Nope, not joking one bit. A piece of wood is a much better idea, all I had handy the other day was my tire iron. The key thing is to put it up against the rim so you don't bend/break your spokes.

I am trying to change a front sprocket on a 2002 yz250f and am having a hard time also. What size is the nut that is on there? I hit it with some PBblaster and have let it sit for a day now.

Seems to me it's 27mm, right hand (normal) thread.