gasket recall !

I RECIEVED A MESSAGE ON MY RECORDER TONIGHT FROM THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT MY BIKE,HE SAYS THERE IS A RECALL ON THE WR 450 .THAT A GASKET NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.I DID NOT TALK TO HIM ABOUT WICH ONE IT IS .HE WILL BE THE FIRST CALL I MAKE TOMORROW.THIS IS NOT A APRIL FOOLS JOKE.ANYONE HERD OF THIS YET? I WILL UPDATE AS SOON A.S.A.P. :)

Gasket and woodruff key.

I refuse to change the gasket. Yamaha is going to have to drag me kicking and screaming down to the dealer to do it. Ha Ha. April Fools.

If your'e serious, check out Off-Road.com, WR450 Project bikes, tech tips.... There is an online version of the "official" Yamaha USA tech bulletin. You can print it out using Adobe. I took it to my dealer today and said "do it". It is quite extensive and will take overnight to complete (dry up the locktite). Up to this point, the dealer was thinking I was nuts to read all this "stuff" on the net. Per the TSB, the fix is free regardless of warranty condition. Be informed, get the bulletin.

called the dealer,there not to bright there.the guy that called me is off today! someone is trying to find out what he called me for.I got a feeling its going to be for the woodruff key.I have over 300 miles on the bike ( no problems) should I let them mess with it if it is a woodruff key problem????