question on selling my 426!!

i bought my 2000 yz426 for $1,500 and put $2,500 into (tons of parts) when i put this bike in the ads and tell people, should i tell them...

im selling it for $2,700

i bought it for $1,500 and put $2,500 into it

Name every single part that you put in it or fixed.

Whats my best choice in telling ppl about the bike being for sale, in away i want them to know all the work and money i put into it but at the same time i dont want them to think itsm a ragg bagged piece of sh.t. HELPPP

Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but you will NEVER get $2700 out of your bike regardless of how much you put into it. It sucks, I know. I had a pristine 2002 426 with only 110 hours on the stock engine and everything was in excellent condition. Had it listed for $2200 and had to fight to get $2100. If I were you, I would just keep it because you will never recuperate the money you put into it. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear. The Kelly blue book value for a 2000 yz426 using my area code is just under $2000. your going to have trouble convincing an average joe looking to buy a bike that it's worth more than that.

i live in ohio and i bought a yz426f for 2100 like you said you sold yours. i came with my dad to waynesville ohio by ceasars creek. also if it was yours the bike freakin blew up after i rode it twice i was pissed. the timming skipped and broke a valve. i have pics in my other post. i was imformed it was proboly because some one never chainged the timming chain on a engine with two many hours. now have to put about 1500 hundred into it to rebuild the engine my self or more if i hire a mechanic. the bike looked almost new and still does. this was a really big dissapointment for me after i had to sweat my a## off for that money and only rode it twice then she blew up.

to the other guy listing all of that crap u did would turn me away as a buyer. i would just list it as a great running yz426f with no problems at all. and well mantained proboly wont get much more than 2g. listing parts makes me think it was rode hard and blown up and some one rebuilt it and they want to get rid of the piece of before she blows up again

07 450s are going for 2700

Whats my best choice in telling ppl about the bike being for sale, in away i want them to know all the work and money i put into it but at the same time i dont want them to think its a ragg bagged piece of sh.t. HELPPP

your word means nothing to most people unless you got receipts.

what did you do to the bike to make it do something that it otherwise would not have done?

i made the bike run. before i obught it, the oil leaked,the forks needed rebuilding, new tires,chain sprockets hand grips, front and rear bearings, and a bunch of new parts in the motor, but it still needs about $1,500 more into it.

See thats the thing man.. Those are all things the bikes supposed to have on it to begin with. ALL you did was catch up on some neglected maintenance from the previous owner. you really have the same bike as any other 426 owner so its worth the same as everyone else whos selling one in good condition. if you cant get 2k just keep it.. its not worth taking the loss.