Flywheel weight?

? Thanks Gray, as usual with the in depth knowledge.

Now, do I get the 4.83 or the 9.21oz - Gray, what am I going to notice in difference?

Chaz, I'll order one and come by with a 6 pack next week. That's 4 for me and 2 for you since you'll be doing the wrenching. :-)

http://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages_catalogs_viewproductdetail_26_200_400_5597_all_0_0_1_4_49_100_0/yamahagytr-flywheel.aspx

1374523038.jpg

Thanks Gray, I was starting to think its not the ring (weight) that makes the difference, but the crank size and shape of the inside of the wheel. (If that makes any since). Anyway it's understood that there is a difference from 05 to 06, and my flywheel won't fit on an 06.

Thanks again,

Chaz

Thanks for your opinion DPW, so you have the heavier of the two offered by GYTR. I ride mostly MX but was thinking of this for a upcoming trip to Kennedy Meadows. I usually gear very low by adding a tooth in the rear and taking one away on the counter sprocket. That's about 3 total in gearing terms but I really lose the high speed ability during the meadows sections.

Hoping this will give me that tractor-ability down low where I can keep the gearing relatively neutral.

-Doug

On my 03 I ran every conceivable combo possible, hard to imagine. (Check out my garage). I ran the 5oz GYTR, 8oz Dr D, and the 10 oz Trailtech, with and without an auto clutch. I was running an EMF autoclutch back in the day, purchased from Brian Bosch himself.

I ride MX and Desert and with all the mods I found the 10 oz to be the best for my style, it really tamed the power out to make the bike rideable, it would really wear on you during a long Grand Prix. In retrospect I really overdid things.... except the bike was a total hillshooter in Glamis.

With the heavy flywheel and the autoclutch all my buddies called my bike the PW-450. ?

DPW has the same flywheel I do, and if I'm not mistaken, he rides mostly MX, whereas I ride mostly desert.

IMO, the bike should have been built with this flywheel.

I used the lighter flywheel for a while in my '03, and it was a waste of time. The heavier of the two is definitely the way to go.

I agree 100%, very inexpensive and easy mod also.