HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cmc681

Yz125 engine noise

8 posts in this topic

Alright so my '06 Yz125 has this weird noise coming out of the motor. I thought it was something in the clutch and after taking apart and inspecting many times I have come to the conclusion that the clutch isn't it. It's really an indescribable noise, not a grinding, pinging, scratching or anything like that. The bike will be running, not in gear and sound fine then the noise will start and either just go away for a minute or go away when I put it in gear. The bike also rides fine it just makes the noise when not in gear. I am going to try to take it to the shop tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem. Thanks.

My 06 YZ125 makes a whining noise in neutral and only neutral, it is almost undetectable though and it is brand new also. I think it is normal.

Could be the main bearings about to go, and only make a noise (so far) while under a load...

1 person likes this

Is it a rumbling whirring noise with a bit of diesel motor sound? If it is just go ride. All my 2 strokes have had that noise until I pull in the clutch or put it in gear.

YAY! 100 posts...

booo. not half full. wanted to be at half tank by now. ...must...try... harder.

1 person likes this

Would the noise go on and off? Because now that I think of it it is a kind of like that.

It could go on and off. Does it get quieter when the clutch is pulled in?

How many hours on it and when was the last oil change?

Is it a rumbling whirring noise with a bit of diesel motor sound? If it is just go ride. All my 2 strokes have had that noise until I pull in the clutch or put it in gear.

YAY! 100 posts...

booo. not half full. wanted to be at half tank by now. ...must...try... harder.

Same here! :thumbsup:

No the noise doesn't change with the clutch or rpm's. I took it to the shop and the tech didn't know exactly what it was. I am going to split the cases to inspect since that's the only thing I can do.