Stronger Impeller Shaft for an 06

Where in the world can I find a stronger impeller shaft for my waterpump... seems like every 30 hours, mine goes to $hit. I know CV4 shows one in their catalog but everytime I have asked a distributor, they can't seem to find anything.

Where in the world can I find a stronger impeller shaft for my waterpump... seems like every 30 hours, mine goes to $hit. I know CV4 shows one in their catalog but everytime I have asked a distributor, they can't seem to find anything.

every 30hrs? I see you are in Florida and I know how friggin hot it gets there....Geez may i suggest this? This product will help lower the temp extending the life of the shaft seals and bearings. It works much better than Water Wetter or those types of products.

http://www.evanscooling.com

This product will help lower the temp
I'd like to dispute that. Evans is, as far as I know, straight ethylene glycol coolant. As such, it has a ridiculously high boiling point, which is helpful if coolant loss from boil over is your biggest cooling problem. It will also help avoid hot spot boiling within an engine, (which you would see as boil over anyway). If that isn't happening, it won't help you, and there simply is no coolant that will transfer as much heat as straight water.

What that means is that the coolant will not pick up as much heat from the engine as water does, nor release it to the radiator as readily. So, while the coolant temperature may be lower, the head temp may actually be higher. If the goal is lower engine temperatures, the best choice is a water/coolant mix that has enough boilover protection to keep it liquid, but as much water in it as possible.

I'd like to dispute that. Evans is, as far as I know, straight ethylene glycol coolant. As such, it has a ridiculously high boiling point, which is helpful if coolant loss from boil over is your biggest cooling problem. It will also help avoid hot spot boiling within an engine, (which you would see as boil over anyway). If that isn't happening, it won't help you, and there simply is no coolant that will transfer as much heat as straight water.

What that means is that the coolant will not pick up as much heat from the engine as water does, nor release it to the radiator as readily. So, while the coolant temperature may be lower, the head temp may actually be higher. If the goal is lower engine temperatures, the best choice is a water/coolant mix that has enough boilover protection to keep it liquid, but as much water in it as possible.

I am too tired to dispute you Grey.......:thumbsup:

Well, Im running Engine Ice and it seems to work great...until the bike starts leaking it. Then its like 20 bucks running onto the ground. I will try calling them directly, but I was hoping that I could order it through my sponsor and get direct pricing on it, but I guess I could just suck it up and pay the 50 bucks or whatever it is for the CV4 piece.

Thanks everyone