HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
650RACER

2008 YZ 250 JD Jetting? and Boyesen Rad Valve?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys so I recently picked up an 08 YZ 250 and naturally I have a heap of parts coming for it. I ordered a JD jet kit as I have used them on all my 4 strokes over the years w/ great results. Naturally I assumed that his kit for the 2 stroke would be equally as good.

The bike I bought came w/ the Boyesen Rad Valve and I am wonderng if any of you have any experience w/ JD Jetting? Do any of you have any experience w/ the Boyesen Rad valve? I dont.

What about JD jetting and the Rad valve together?

Broad question I know but the rad valve instructions say to use 1 size leaner main and possibly pilot. I know JD's kits have a tapered needle and are set up leaner than stock already.

Any input would be great. I will post some pics when I get her finished and once I have a chance to ride her this Sunday :thumbsup:

Thanks

Rad valve is good for some mid and up power, probably lose a bit of bottom. I don't think you'll have any troubles with the JD setup and the Rad Valve. I personally have no experience with the JD Jetting , but the Rad Valve is great... I've used V-Force and Boyesen and have preffered Boyesen.