HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YZ450FIL

FWW for 2008 YZ450F

4 posts in this topic

Planning on running my 450 in more offroad events. I've already added a Rekluse Z Start Pro. For tight woods, would a FWW also be a benefit and if so, which one? Yamaha lists 3 in the accessory catalog, one offroad and 2 smaller weights. With the Rekluse I don't have any stalling issues, unless I pick the wrong gear and chop the throttle which is rare.

As far as performance mods, all I have done is the Rekluse and a DRD Ti exhaust.

I have the GYTR offroad FWW on my '08 with a Rekluse Pro and the bike is a tractor in the woods. That said, it is mostly due to the clutch and less so to the FWW. I would ride it for awhile and then see if you still think it needs smoothing out.

I have the GYTR offroad FWW on my '08 with a Rekluse Pro and the bike is a tractor in the woods. That said, it is mostly due to the clutch and less so to the FWW. I would ride it for awhile and then see if you still think it needs smoothing out.

I've had the Rekluse on for a couple of months now and it's been great, nomore stalling issues on the MX track. Best investment I've made actually. But, I hadn't ridden the bike in tight woods yet. With the DRD exhaust , it does seem like it could use just a little more bottom. I'm doing my first Enduro this weekend, maybe I will just add a tooth on the rear sprocket and see how it goes.

I added the Steahly 9oz FW to my '09. Stock clutch. It totally transformed the bike for woods riding. My stalling issues went away, and the machine is like a tractor in the tight stuff. It is the best mod I have done by far.

Soot