HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
comp182

Has anyone installed Gold Valves them selfs

3 posts in this topic

I am going to attempt to do them my self! Does anyone have any feed back on this??? Also what did you notice after you installed them????

I did mine about a month ago. The instructions could be a lot better. I found them to be a bit confusing. The only real pain was getting to the midvalve and the instruction tape did not deal with that at all. After doing the first one, the second was much easier. I did have a lot of doubts midway through the job and wondered why I had attempted it. In the end the suspension is better but I wonder if I could have just modified the stock shim stack. I do not want to discourage you. I just want you to know it was a much more involved job than I originally thought. If you have any questions just ask. Good Luck!!

I think it is best to leave it to a suspension expert for the money. I agree with Blitzer544 you have to have resolve to get it done and be patient. I would rather tear apart the engine then mess with fork valving. I fear I would screw it up and be disappointed with the performance.