Changing sprockets

So I finally have to change the chain and subsequently the sprockets on my 2004 YZ450F. I decided to go with 14/50 after doing a bit of research on this forum... Thanks guys! So my question, does anyone know which size socket I need to remove the front sprocket? Is it reverse threaded? Any tips on changing out sprockets/chain would be much appreciated.:thumbsup:

The socket you need will be a size 27 mm. The best way I found to remove the front sprocket is just holding the back brake pedel down with your foot while it is in first gear and leaning over to the side with your rachet and socket and takeing a good hold and then loosen it.

The socket you need will be a size 27 mm. The best way I found to remove the front sprocket is just holding the back brake pedel down with your foot while it is in first gear and leaning over to the side with your rachet and socket and takeing a good hold and then loosen it.

+1 , but I replace the ratchet with a nice breaker bar and it makes it a breeze and I also leave the bike in neutral.

I'd also use blue loctite on the threads of the rear sprocket bolts and also the angled part of the bolt that contacts the sprocket.

Is it reverse threaded?

Nope, standard threads.

If you have access to an air impact driver that is the way to go.

I make sure that I torque mine down to 52 ft.lbs so when it is time to change out the front sprocket it is not to hard to get off.