HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robbo74

suspension settings on yz450f 2005 model

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys after some info on setting up suspension on my yz450f im riding on pretty compacted clay and the local guys have built some pretty decent jumps out there my bike seems to kick the arse end up when i leave the jump dont know if its me or the bike any info would be much appreciated.:thumbsup:

1) All four-strokes will kick the rear more than two-strokes do if you leave the jump crest with the power off, or drop the throttle sharply as you leave the top. They will tend to kick over bumps with the throttle off, as well. This is a simple response to all the extra engine braking , and you'll have to learn to finesse the throttle just a little.

2) YZF's have too little initial rebound response as a general rule. Restacking the valve is the correct cure, but you can help the matter some by cranking the rebound clicker down some.

Hi there so you are saying to make the rebound harder with the clickers thanks robbo74

1) All four-strokes will kick the rear more than two-strokes do if you leave the jump crest with the power off, or drop the throttle sharply as you leave the top. They will tend to kick over bumps with the throttle off, as well. This is a simple response to all the extra engine braking , and you'll have to learn to finesse the throttle just a little.

2) YZF's have too little initial rebound response as a general rule. Restacking the valve is the correct cure, but you can help the matter some by cranking the rebound clicker down some.

Hi there so you are saying to make the rebound harder with the clickers to stop some of the kick, have always ridden 2 strokes first 4 stroke i have owned bit of a newbie to 4 strokes thanks robbo74.