Bummed right out!!!!

Went riding today in Northern Michigan with the wife and Kids! First time we got his KX 60 on the trails this year and did awesome, 20+ miles! Had my 4 year old on my bike with me. Stopped to wait for the rear catch up and was looking down at my bike and noticed a clear liquid dripping from under my gas tank on the right hand side. I knew it wasn't leaking from a bad fitting or anything like that. Got back to home took the seat off and sure enough the tank was cracked right above the air box UGH!!!! Not happy!

Anyone ever had their's crack? Anyone have any recommendations on a IMS or Clark oversize tanks?

i have a oversize clarke gas tank on mine and i like it but you cant go wrong with ethier one

This might not be the case with newer ones, but I remember reading a while ago about IMS tanks splitting at the seams. I've only used a Clarke, and I had no quality problems.

... I remember reading a while ago about IMS tanks splitting at the seams.
The only tank I remember hearing of that had a chronic splitting problem is the OEM 426 tank. Never heard of an IMS doing it.
The only tank I remember hearing of that had a chronic splitting problem is the OEM 426 tank. Never heard of an IMS doing it.

Some of the IMS tanks have had problems... IIRC it was mostly on KTM's.

Some of the IMS tanks have had problems... IIRC it was mostly on KTM's.

Now that you mention it, I probably read about the IMS failures on KTMtalk(when I had a KTM). Since then though, I've decided to stay away from the IMS tanks.

Went riding today in Northern Michigan with the wife and Kids! First time we got his KX 60 on the trails this year and did awesome, 20+ miles! Had my 4 year old on my bike with me. Stopped to wait for the rear catch up and was looking down at my bike and noticed a clear liquid dripping from under my gas tank on the right hand side. I knew it wasn't leaking from a bad fitting or anything like that. Got back to home took the seat off and sure enough the tank was cracked right above the air box UGH!!!! Not happy!

Anyone ever had their's crack? Anyone have any recommendations on a IMS or Clark oversize tanks?

I have an IMS tank on my 07 YZ450 and it fits great and has no issues. I ran Clarks on my CRFs as they fit best for the Hondas, but when doing research on TT a while back, people were complaining about the fit of the Clarks on the YZ.

My friends IMS tank for his 08 yz250 developed a crack at one of the the underside mounting brackets.

My friends 05 YZ250 had the same thing. Maybe a fluke. I have an IMS on my 450 and have had good luck. I have a Clarke on my CR 250 and same thing, good luck. So either tank would be good.

That happened to my friends stock 01 yz 125.