HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bump530

difference in the 06+ yz450fs

2 posts in this topic

im in the market for a 450. i have found some good deals on some 08 450s, but they are kinda far off. i also found an 06 that appears to be in good shape for about the same price as the 08s. have they changed anything up over them years? or is there a reason i shouldnt buy a 06 over the 08?

im in the market for a 450. i have found some good deals on some 08 450s, but they are kinda far off. i also found an 06 that appears to be in good shape for about the same price as the 08s. have they changed anything up over them years? or is there a reason i shouldnt buy a 06 over the 08?

Appearances can be deceptive. I have owned a 06 and own a 08. I would only buy the 06 if it could be proven without a doubt that it has been rebuilt, as in piston, rings and valves etc. Even so don't pay over $2500. There are some differences in the 08 but they arent huge. What is huge is that when you sell the 08 in a couple of years it will still be worth something. The 06 will be 4 yrs old. Get the 08.