Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz450fcranker

trail tech vapor best spot for speedo sensor "pics"

12 posts in this topic

I was installing my trail tech vapor and was looking for a place to mount the speed sensor and cant find one the manual said to bolt it on the caliper mount after removing blah blah so i just screwd it on the plastic and tighten a nut to one of the magnetic bolts and honestly i think its better than what the manual suggests cuz its a a safe place :thumbsup:yhgs.jpg

yzxu.jpg

yz45.jpg

as you can see in pic 2 a magnetic bolt that comes along with kit in the lower holes in the rotor no drilling welding no bs and screw the sensor updown or middle wherever it starts working wat do u think

:thumbsup::worthy::ride: :ride: :banana::foul:

as you can see in pic 2 a magnetic bolt that comes along with kit in the lower holes in the rotor no drilling welding no bs and screw the sensor updown or middle wherever it starts working wat do u think

:thumbsup::worthy::ride: :ride: :banana::foul:

Looks good but...how much thread shows up on the inside of the fork protector? Will the fork hit it at full compression?

about 3mm looks like it will hit but ill just have to hacksaw that much off the screw when i get back home it will clear

My recollection is that the instructions say to mount it on the caliper, which is what I did. Was pretty straightforward.

can u post some pics cuz i tried looking for a place to mount couldent find any

Chris at Trailtech had the following to say "There is a small "S" embossed on the end of the sensor. Ideally the magnet should pass perpendicular to this "S", at a distance of no more than 1/2" away". I have some pics of where mine got mounted on my '08 450 caliper. Hope it helps. Oh, and try to keep it from getting too wet - they seem to leak and fog up (at least mine does).

IMG_4662.JPG

IMG_4663.JPG

Just about had it with my Vapor :thumbsup: Darn thing leaks like a sieve. Gonna toss it and get something else. They should at least make something that can be used in the rain :busted:

When I switched to a 320mm rotor for my YZ450 supermoto, the sensor no longer fit on the caliper (now the caliper relocator bracket). So I fabbed up a fork stub mount. I will swap it out with a larger piece of aluminum angle, but for now it works fine with a couple of spacers between the bolt and the bottom of the angle.

DSC_0237.JPG

DSC_0236.JPG

Fair point. My YZ is a supermoto street bike. But I bet it wouldn't fair any worse in the dirt. So easy to mount and fix anyway. I just made a longer angle mount last night so that I could remove the spacers. 1/8" aluminum angle available at any hardware store.

Biggest problem you have in the dirt, is that the brake line catches on the Vapor when mounted like that. I have a ripped line from the Trailtech billet mount from exactly that - would not recommend if you are going to see any jumps