HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beta_Man

Canadian models defected too

3 posts in this topic

I was just about to load my bike up, and i decided to start it with the e-button and gave it a little of gas and it went clunk and bang. Then i tried it agian an all the starter did was spin. man am i ever pissed. I took off the the liitle plastic cap and i could spin the rotor nut by hand.I am asumming this is what happens when the woodruff key shears off. I only got 60 km on the bike. I was hoping my bike wouldn't have this problem because it is a fairly late prouduction. It was made in 01/03 and the frame ser.# is 2875 and the eng. ser# is 5251. I am taking it back to the dealer tommorow. Does any body no what or how they should be fixing it, so i don't end up just getting a patch job.

It is a patch job but it will last as good as new. Dont worry, once it is lapped it will last a long time. Just ride the bike and enjoy.

I thought that I had read somewhere that there was a cut off (Production # Wise) for these woodruff key failures.Indy? That does SUCK.However I still LOVE MY WR.From what I understand it's a pretty simple fix though.