Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWYZ450F

Shroud Screw spins but doesn't loosen

5 posts in this topic

I got a graphics kit and so I've been taking my plastics off the bike to put them on. My left shoulder shroud has one bolt that will not break from the nut on the back. (Its the bolt closest to the air box) It feels like a nut that is held in place by plastic but the nut has rounded the plastic off and now it's just spinning when I try to take it off. I can't get anything behind the plastic to hold the bolt and I'm at a dead end on trying to get the bolt out. Are there any other suggestions on trying to get the bolt out or am I best off just putting the decal on the shroud while it is on the bike?

Had the same problem on my old 400. I ended up spinning it with a drill until it heated up the plastic enough where I could just pull the whole insert right out. Put it back in and sealed it to the plastic with a good epoxy. Good to go!

Sorry for duplicating threads Gray. Thanks for the help guys. I'll try all of that when I get home. It's an 08 and I've never touched that bolt before. That's a little frustrating but in the grand scheme of things not a big deal I guess.

Sorry for duplicating threads Gray. Thanks for the help guys. I'll try all of that when I get home. It's an 08 and I've never touched that bolt before. That's a little frustrating but in the grand scheme of things not a big deal I guess.

Pull all of them and apply some anti seize. I had the same problem.:thumbsup: