HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheRooster822

Clutch

5 posts in this topic

I've got a 2008 Yamaha YZ450F, and with the past bikes that I've owned (2006/8 Yamaha YZ250F), when I put in a new clutch, the clutch plates ran to the top of the clutch basket, so it was all flush. Well, with a new clutch on the YZ450F, the plates aren't quite up to the top of the clutch basket. Just curious if that's normal, of if anybody else has heard of that happening with these bikes. It doesn't slip at all, it's just odd that it's like that.

Your clutch holds 8 friction plates. The '06 holds 9 using the same basket (the driven gear is different, but the basket itself is the same.)

What you see is normal. Did you use OEM plates, or an aftermarket kit?

I know the 250F had more plates in it, I just wasn't sure if it was suppose to be flush or not. Good to know about the different gear. Are you use the baskets are the same, though? The plates from my 250F doesn't fit in the 450.

I use OEM parts.

Thanks a bunch.

I made no mention of any 250F at any time, and no, they are not the same. I was speaking of an '06 YZ450.

I made no mention of any 250F at any time, and no, they are not the same. I was speaking of an '06 YZ450.

Oh oh oh, I get it. Sorry.

Thanks for your help!