2007 YZ450F Finally Turns GREAT

I have ridden my 07 YZ450F for 11/2 years, and have always found the steering to be sketchy at best, not real confidence inspiring ! ! ! . Got better after a respring/revalve, but still not totally right.I Have always run Dunlop 756 front, but after talking to a buddy, he suggested trying a Pirelli Scorpion MXMS. What a DIFFERENCE This tire made.? After riding today, all I can say is WOW.:worthy: Finally, no more mid turn push. I would highly reccomend this tire as probably the LEAST Expensive cure you can use, especially in sand/loam conditions. WD

running the correct tire for the terrain makes a huge difference. The 756 is not a great sand tire. The 773 would be better tire from dunlop for that terrain or the MX31.
The MX31 is the replacement for the 773. The tire has been vastly improved over the 773 and the 755, and works over a very much wider range of soils than either of its predecessors. Certainly much better than the 756, which looses it's edge rapidly, even in the front.

I agree that the 773 or MX31 would be a better choice for sand/loam, however, a lot of the tracks we ride have sand, intermediate and hardpack. We used the 756 because of it's ability to work well in all the conditions. The 773's tend to chunk on these tracks, and did not hold up very well to the roots and rocks on the trails we also ride.

How are the MX51 tires on tracks like we ride ( sand, intermediate and hard) ? ? The 756 is an older design, and I would like to find a comprable tire in Dunlops newest additions. Thanks for any inpiut. WD

... a lot of the tracks we ride have sand, intermediate and hardpack.
Gee, sounds like you moved to California and forgot to update your profile.

The MX31 works better than any front tire I have tried in sand/DG, silt, or mud, including the 3 Dunlops that have been mentioned. It works better than any 756 in intermediate soils, and is acceptable on hard surfaces (and I mean California blue-groove hard). Not great, but acceptable, and equal in that regard to the 756. IMO, it will be a matter of whether there is more hard pack than sand/soft stuff, as to whether you would choose the MX 31 or the MX 51. No question people are impressed with them on the whole so far.

Thanks for the input Gray.Yeah, it does sound like California . We do not have desert silt or decomposed granite because there is NO granite here, only sand ?. A lot of the track builders use clay for the jump faces and the jumps themselves with sand for the rest of the track. The trails have roots everywhere because of the sand erosion. Make for interesting riding, for sure. Thanks again,WD

The MX31 is the replacement for the 773. The tire has been vastly improved over the 773 and the 755, and works over a very much wider range of soils than either of its predecessors. Certainly much better than the 756, which looses it's edge rapidly, even in the front.

yes I know the MX31 is the new 773 and the mx51 is the new 756 replacement. thus both were mentioned.

the mx51s are limited right now until dunlop empties 1 of the 4 warehouses they have stocked of 756s.

They are available everywhere around here. The only way Dunlop is going to sell the left over 756's is to cut the prices on them.

The MX51 will probably also replace the 745.

I cant find a 80/100/21 front MX51 even on line if you know of a place let me know.