HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2in2out

Bike on it's side for several hours

7 posts in this topic

I had my bike perched on the stand in my garage, and my kayak fell over, knocking my bike off the stand. It laid on it's side on the floor for several hours.

Is there anything besides picking it up and putting it on the stand, and taking a chainsaw to the kayak, that I should do before I fire it up?

Yup...make sure the gas is on and you use the chock :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I have to wait a few days to do it...You know, work and all that S*&t!!

Unfortunately I have to wait a few days to do it...You know, work and all that S*&t!!

I understand that one...but in all seriousness, you have nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

Was the petcock in the off position? I could see an issue of gas possibly contaminating the oil if the petcock was on.

I have no kickstand on my bike so I will quite often shut the gas off and just lay her on her side. No drama.

But as Regalman said if the gas was on you will probably have an empty tank and there is a possibilty that gas got into the oil. Just take a look at the oil or change it if you're really worried.

Petcock is always off when parked, so I have no worries. Thanks WR bros!!! Ride on!!!