Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fozzo717

D756 v Original tire

4 posts in this topic

How does the D756 compare to the tire that came stock on a 2002 yz 426? What is the closest tire to the original? What is a good tire for riding in the mountains over hard rocky trails?

I don't know what came stock on the '02 but if you are riding hard rocky mountain terrain then I would run a Dunlop MX51 or a Maxxis Desert IT if you want a super tough, long-wearing tire.

+1

The 756 works great in rocks....for about a ride. When the edges get worn it's a sketchy tire for me. At least the Pirelli Scorpion Pro works very good in the rocks and softer stuff; pricewise it's a shocker compared to the Maxxis Desert IT.

I don't know what came stock on the '02 but if you are riding hard rocky mountain terrain then I would run a Dunlop MX51 or a Maxxis Desert IT if you want a super tough, long-wearing tire.

+1

The 756 works great in rocks....for about a ride. When the edges get worn it's a sketchy tire for me. At least the Pirelli Scorpion Pro works very good in the rocks and softer stuff; pricewise it's a shocker compared to the Maxxis Desert IT.

+2 on the Scorpion Pro.