HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foursmoke

Cleaning oil strainer in frame

11 posts in this topic

I am doing my 1st oil change on my WR450 and I have removed the oil strainer on frame. What should I use to clean it, gas, kerosene,ect... :)

Thanx Indy, Did that earlier. Getting bike ready for tomorrow, its going to be 75 and sunny. :)

smoke

Careful putting that strainer back in! I read some where else in here a couple people have stripped the threads. The manual calls for 65 ft/lbs. Seems a bit high to me.

It does seem pretty tight to me also. When installing it I kept checking torque setting to make sure I wasn't over tightening it.I was getting very nervous. :)

Did you find any thing in the strainer. My 426 never had anything, and I'v not checked my 450 yet.

Motorod'

Just a few small particles but only rode once for 30 miles. I will change again after 30-50 miles.

Hey Motorod,

In your pictures (Bare 2)

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/motorod/vwp?.dir=/WR450&.src=ph&.dnm=WR450+Bare++2.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/motorod/lst%3f%26.dir=/WR450%26.src=ph%26.view=t

all your junction blocks are neatly in a row. Does yours come with a mount to do this standard?

Looks very clean and tidy !!!

My 450 is a dogs breakfast under the headlight .....

That is what it looked like when I took the light off. I had not modified anything at that time. :)

That dog thinks we go to the races so poeple will pet her. :) She usually sleeps the whole way back and then through the night, after we get home, because she wore out from the pettings she gets. Every time I get the trailer out to load up, she lines up at the truck, so she won't get left out of the trip. :D