HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foursmoke

Is Bel-Ray EXL good oil for break-in

4 posts in this topic

I rode my bike for the first time last Sun. & put 25 miles on it. I am changing the oil & filter now and I wanted to know if Bel-Ray EXL oil is a good petrolium oil to use during break-in period? Hoping for a quick response! thanks

Is that semi-synthetic oil? I was always told to use plain mineral oil for break-in it is suppose to help seat the rings better, then switch to synthetic oil. I have been using the exs belray with good results, but in the bottom of every jug there appears to be dirt in it. I e-mailed bel=ray and this is what they said "What you are observing actually happens to all motor oils. The dirt like particles are actually some of the oil additives that fall out of solution, the white color of our bottle makes them more apparent than they would be in blue, black, or green bottles". I don't know if i should belive them. Any body else see the same thing.