Brake light?

Does the new (2008) WR450F models have a brake light from the factory? I believe the answer is no. I'm looking a buying this bike and trying determine what I would need to add in order to get a plate.

thanks,

Joe

Does the new (2008) WR450F models have a brake light from the factory? I believe the answer is no. I'm looking a buying this bike and trying determine what I would need to add in order to get a plate.

thanks,

Joe

Joe, you are correct, the WR does not come wired as a brake light BUT with a little wiring and a brake switch, you can make/turn it into a brake light as the bulb is dual filament ?

Yes - the factory tail light is a brake light as well and is wired minus the switch. You can find switches that will T-tap right into the stock plugs, sicass racing might be a place to start looking but a generic hydraulic switch for a jap bike and a basic sense of electrical circuits with some connectors and you can do it for less than $20. You can find factory type connectors as well if you really want to but I did mine for less than $20.

oooooh coop is fast:ride:

thanks for the replies!

In my state I'll need to have the brake light activated "indepentanly" by both the front and rear brake. So it looks as though I'll have to add a hydraulic switch to both brakes. Not sure of the stock light would be good enough for the state police inspector. I know Baja Designs sells a nice LED tail light/brake light assembly.

Joe

thanks for the replies!

Not sure of the stock light would be good enough for the state police inspector.

Joe

Hook up a battery to the "other" wire in the 3 pin plug coming from the taillight. You might be surprised how bright it really is.

trailhead:busted:

Hook up a battery to the "other" wire in the 3 pin plug coming from the taillight. You might be surprised how bright it really is.

trailhead:busted:

Great advice! I hooked my brake light up like this and am AMAZED at how bright the brake light is. Of course, I'm also amazed at how bright the stock headlight is, too!!