2007 YZ450F suspension

I posted yesterday on the suspension site and didnt get any replys so maybe someone on here can help. Im 5'9" 185# about 200# with gear and ride strictly MX tracks at a middle to top C class level I live in Virginia Im lookin for some recomendations on who to have revalve and rebuild my forks and shock. I know big name companys like Factory Connection and RG3 but dont have any experience with them and I would like to know if there work is worth the extra money than the less known companys or not and what kind of turn around time am I looking at.

I have had good service from LITZ RACING, Bluntville Tn.

I posted yesterday on the suspension site and didnt get any replys so maybe someone on here can help. Im 5'9" 185# about 200# with gear and ride strictly MX tracks at a middle to top C class level I live in Virginia Im lookin for some recomendations on who to have revalve and rebuild my forks and shock. I know big name companys like Factory Connection and RG3 but dont have any experience with them and I would like to know if there work is worth the extra money than the less known companys or not and what kind of turn around time am I looking at.

smartperformanceinc.com Talk to Dave.

Enzo racing in Santa Ana, CA. www.enzoracing.com Very reasonable and do good work. I had my YZ450 revalved and resprung by them - they know KYB shocks.

I had MX Tech East do mine originally. It turned out o.k., but if you have a decent mechanical ability, you should try it yourself.

I just got done doing it myself, after sending it out, and I am very happy with my results.

I got a Smart Performance kit, and Dave was very helpful. Very few special tools needed. Probably about $75.00 worth. You do need to be very meticulous, organized, and clean.

Well worth the effort in my opinion.

Enzo racing in Santa Ana, CA. www.enzoracing.com Very reasonable and do good work. I had my YZ450 revalved and resprung by them - they know KYB shocks.

10000% Agree. I've had ENZO on all my Yamahas and it's great. Look at how many pro riders use it. Here's my suspension my 07 :worthy:

NewBike004.jpg

10000% Agree. I've had ENZO on all my Yamahas and it's great. Look at how many pro riders use it. Here's my suspension my 07 :worthy:

NewBike004.jpg

Those forks look awsome how much we talking about they where probably more than my bike.

LOL yea they're a piece of art :banana: Kashima coated uppers, DLC Coated lower, hard anodizing lugs, etc. HOWEVER, I had just a basic rebuild on my 06 yz450f and it was still hands down better than alsmost anything I had tried (basic rebuild wise). I had MDK on my kx450f and it was pretty bad IMO. The stock suspension on my 08 yz450f was WAY better than that stuff. My racing buddy who races Intermediate/Pro here in California has Works Pro Circuit and it is up there with my Works Enzo. Enzo takes longer to get back once it sent in but is WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!:banana::worthy::banana:

With your weight, you should be able to dial your stock suspension in pretty well. The 07 YZ450 is set up for a 180 to 190 lb rider. I weight 220, and only had to go up 1 spring front and rear. Had Pro Action Suspension do the work along with a revalve. Highly reccommend ! ! The bike settles into turns much better, and turns much better. Try setting the sag and playing with the clickers. You will be suprised how well stock suspension works. WD

I'll agree that the '07 has excellent stock suspension, better by far than most, and that a bit of tinkering can make it work very well.

http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/tech/suspension.html

However, the YZF has two faults that can't be resolved with clickers completely. The rear rebound is too loose, and the front rebound ramps up too quickly. Because these two problems relate to the rate at which the valve responds to changes in stroke speed, clickers won't fix it, and the difference between on that has been fixed and one that hasn't is quite surprising. The front gets plusher, and the rear stays down and tracks amazingly straight in the bad stuff.

Apart from that, Dave at Smart Performance has a totally different approach to the mid valve compression damping, and his design for the fork is unbelievable on big impacts. Really phenomenal.

Apart from that, Dave at Smart Performance has a totally different approach to the mid valve compression damping, and his design for the fork is unbelievable on big impacts. Really phenomenal.

Very true.:banana: :banana:

I realize that my 05 is probably a much different animal than your bike, however, I just got done re-valving it with Daves kit and the difference is night and day. After installing his kit, I overshot a 50' + table that would surly have landed me in the ER again for sprained/broken ankles :worthy: , but to my surprise the bike soaked it up this time.

I am a very happy camper with his kit.

I realize that my 05 is probably a much different animal than your bike,

Not that much. The fork is basically the same. The free piston was changed in '06 to make it easier to bleed completely, and the setup internally was a little different as built, but they are pretty close to identical.

The bikes are different overall, of course, but the suspension is a lot alike.

With your weight, you should be able to dial your stock suspension in pretty well. The 07 YZ450 is set up for a 180 to 190 lb rider. I weight 220, and only had to go up 1 spring front and rear. Had Pro Action Suspension do the work along with a revalve. Highly reccommend ! ! The bike settles into turns much better, and turns much better. Try setting the sag and playing with the clickers. You will be suprised how well stock suspension works. WD

Ditto, Stock 07 suspensions plenty good enough for a c rider when setup correct. Sag and clickers can make the world of difference.

One thing I would reccommend, is to use a local suspension shop if possible. Our local Pro-Action Suspension guru will go to the track and help you dial in your suspension if you are not sure about the clickers and sag. Because the shop is local, you will not have to wait a week for shipping time if the suspension is not right when you receive it. Just my 2 cents. WD