Power core Ti Question

Just got a smokin deal on a slip on for my 07 450, a little scratch and dent type deal at a local dealer ,any way slip on my ass.. the factory header and the slip on are the same size no big deal I took it to a muffler shop and had slip on expanded to fit my header just wondering if this is common? The FMF website says it will stock or FMF header.

With the stock header it is to big and therefore comes with 2 adapters one for stock and one for FMF headers.

Sounds like you may have gotten one from 06. In 07 the YZ450 got a larger head pipe, and so FMF made the midpipe larger and supplied an adapter sleeve for smaller headers, this way they could say it fit an 06-07. For 08-09 the header size changed again, so now FMF sells it with an even larger midpipe and two different adapter sleeves so it will fit an 06-09.

I was wondering about an adapter for that..makes sense tho it still doesn't address the length,the silencer and mid pipe bolts won't line up unless you chop some off,anyway its on and working great,

I was wondering about an adapter for that..makes sense tho it still doesn't address the length,the silencer and mid pipe bolts won't line up unless you chop some off,anyway its on and working great,

What are you saying, you didn't mention anything about this before. If the silencer mount and midpipe mount don't match up, and the diameter at the midpipe joint is too small, then you did not get a pipe for your bike. If it was even for a YZ450 then it sounds like it is for an 03-05 YZ450, which had a smaller diameter headpipe than the 07. This pipe would have the same silencer mount as the 07, but the midpipe mount would be about an inch off.