2010 E-start??

can anyone CONFIRM this?? Thanks.

No. No one can, nor anything else about it until Yamaha releases the info in September.

with the ease of starting the new bikes, it's not a necessity anymore.

of course, my last bike was a '99 400F . . . not QUITE as easy-starting as my '08.;-)

with the ease of starting the new bikes, it's not a necessity anymore.'08.;-)

I would disagree. When I'm all blown out at the end of a long race, and stall it, or crash, electric start would be pretty nice.

Yeah yeah, I know, don't stall or crash. :worthy:

can anyone CONFIRM this?? Thanks.

how did you all figure out which "2010" he was talking about??? maybe im just slow:banghead:

how did you all figure out which "2010" he was talking about??? maybe im just slow:banghead:

I'm not a rocket scientist, nor did I stay at a holiday inn express last night, but I'm guessing because he posted in the Yamaha YZ450 forum that he meant a 2010 Yamaha YZ450...

I'm not a rocket scientist, nor did I stay at a holiday inn express last night, but I'm guessing because he posted in the Yamaha YZ450 forum that he meant a 2010 Yamaha YZ450...

lol. thats comment of the day.

ill be praying that this rumour is true.

as long as they don't do a KTM and remove the kick start in the proces.

as long as they don't do a KTM and remove the kick start in the proces.

I agree. I was in disbelief when I heard about that!

That would be invaluable. Kicking on a hot humid day after falling in a turn is killer.

hahahaaaa....GREAT response Steve!! (and yeah i meant the 2010 yzf450)...:-)

You all do understand that EFI does not flood the engine in a tip over as a carb will, right?

Hi there

Yesterday I had the opportunity to kick or try to kick start a ktm 450 and it is about 3 times as hard to push the lever down as on my 2006 yz450F.

regards

Arnego2

IF the bike comes with an e-start and possibly a kickstart that bike would be unreal for offroad i imagine. With a flywheel weight and all the other things that go with offroad. (this of course is all based on if the rumours are true about the amazing 'light weight' handling)

Hi there

Yesterday I had the opportunity to kick or try to kick start a ktm 450 and it is about 3 times as hard to push the lever down as on my 2006 yz450F.

regards

Arnego2

450 EXC-R? yep they're like that, after using the kick starter on them for a while they free up though.

Hi there

Could well be, but I was surprised how hard it was to kick the engine of it. I thought first that something is wrong with the engine but I did get it starting and it has power. The bike is new I think 2008 or so.

Regards

Arnego2