Shifting Problem, '04 YZ450

Having problems with my 04 yfz 450 sticks in neutral shifting between 1st and second and its hard to start out. I constantly catch neutral ???? It only happens when Im trail riding

i had similar problem with my 06, adjusting and changing to a diffrent shift leaver helpet quit a bit.

As to the shifting issue, if you have smaller feet, you may want to try moving the shifter down a notch. Or, it may be simply that you need to be more consciously deliberate about that shift.

This was a common complaint regarding YZF's, and some used to modify the shifter index plate, but that usually ends up making neutral difficult to find.

I don't follow the "hard to start out" remark.

Having problems with my 04 yfz 450 sticks in neutral shifting between 1st and second and its hard to start out. I constantly catch neutral ???? It only happens when Im trail riding

Try adjusting the clutch play at the lever. If it only happens when trail riding the bike might get hotter and effect your clutch engagement point. The clutch may be imparting more drag on the tranny when it gets hot and so makes it shift sloppy, just a thought.

roost on :worthy: