HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jreutzel

CRF 50 throttle limiter

11 posts in this topic

I just bought a 2006 CRF 50 for my 4 year old. He likes to grab a handful of throttle and run in to stuff.

I heard that these bikes have a throttle limiter. Is that true? If so, where is it and how do I adjust it?

Parts number 13 and 14 are the throttle limiter and jam nut, located right on the throttle side handlebar mount. If your bike is missing those parts, they are a 5x32mm pan head screw and 5mm nut.

50cablesandcontrols.gif

Good to know about the bolt & nut size. I think mine is missing them. Is a 2000 the same?

Yes, they are the same part numbers on the microfiche diagram for the 2000 model.

does the 70 have the same throttle stop system?

I "BELIEVE" so but not 100% sure

If they don't, another option, is to use like a rubber hose, a fuel hose, or any hose you got laying around.. And cut it short, say 1/2" or something, and put it on the throttle cable, INSIDE the carb.. That way, the slide can only open partially.

That's a free throttle stop that will work on any bike. Would be nice if you were to say get a older child into riding on a bigger bike.. Couldn't hurt to put a 1/2 throttle stop on a kid tryin to ride a cr125 :ride:

The 70 does NOT have the throttle stop, as shown HERE. You can't put a 50 throttle assembly on the 70 bars because the 50 bars are 3/4" and the 70 bars are 7/8".

I also have my sons CRF 50 backed down. Until he gets a better feel for it. then I will open it all the way back up.

The 70 does NOT have the throttle stop, as shown HERE. You can't put a 50 throttle assembly on the 70 bars because the 50 bars are 3/4" and the 70 bars are 7/8".

good to know :busted:

but for anyone that needs a throttle stop on ANY bike, keep in mind the fuel hose INSIDE the carb to limit the throttle, works great, and only takes 10-30 minutes to install and limit your throttle on ANY carbed bike :banana: