HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bk426

426 Plastics

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I just bought an 01 YZ 426 and the plastics are a bit rough. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what model plastics would fit this beast ( YZ 400, 450, etc.)

Thanks in advance

I think your stuck with 400 or 426 plastics, maybe just 426, not really sure.

I needed to replace some plastic a while back and had to go with Ascerbis and Polis Sport. Couldn't get Yamaha plastic anymore for my 2000. No one carried them and the little I found (BikeBandit) was a little pricey.

i think if you do a search on here theres some stuff on converting to yz 450 plastics

I just polisport and they work just fine. oemcycle.com has some and rockymountainatv has some.. i went all black looks killer espically if you paint frame.

There is a thread that just got bumped not too long ago that outlines retrofitting 450 plastic to the 426. I'm pretty sure RMMC and motosport both still sell 426 plastic, though. I got fairly new UFO plastic on mine, it's amazing how fresh just having new plastic makes the bike look.

thank you all very much for your replies....nice to be part of a helpful group of folks.

Brian

In my opinion the 400/426 platics look better than the 450's, but if you really want to you can get 450 tank and shrowds for your bike, and they'll mount right up. but you have to get the 450 seat as well.

They can be fit, but if you look over what's required, it's much more in the nature of a project than a bolt-on.