HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HRC

The new 2010 look......

86 posts in this topic

Wow.....I actually was looking into going over to the blue side in 2010 but after seeing the photos my mind changed very fast !

Sorry....but I really don´t like the new Husqvarna plastic !

The 2010 YZ look makes the 2009 TC 450 look good ! :worthy:

2010_YZ250f.jpg

Husqvarna.jpg

If you check out the video in transworld http://motocross.transworld.net/2009/07/21/first-look-2010-yamaha-yz250f/, the bike looks much better there (in real world settings) than in the press release photos with the white backdrop, i have been mentioning this in the yz250F forum as well and i stick by that for sure, i hated it at first but once you really check it out (the real world photos and video), it wears on you with its futuristic looking/very sleek/nimble design.

I dig it...Its a bit different from the norm. I do think the shrouds are a bit too tall though....and it seems like the sidepanels hang a little low. Hopefully it performs awesome.

I dig it...Its a bit different from the norm. I do think the shrouds are a bit too tall though....and it seems like the sidepanels hang a little low. Hopefully it performs awesome.

KTM-ish front fender, Kawasaki -esque shrouds. Not my cup of tea.

I was just toggling between pics of the 2010 and the 2009 and I gotta tell you guys, IMO the 2009 shrouds look old, fat, and droopy compared to the new shrouds.

Wow.....I actually was looking into going over to the blue side in 2010 but after seeing the photos my mind changed very fast !

Sure you were...you bleed Red HRC , regardless of the look of plastic. :banana:

I like the looks of the new bike... I'm thinking you drop 2 seconds a lap easy just on the sleekness factor alone, maybe 3 with the new graphics... :worthy:

Looks awesome! 'Bout time we got a new-looking YZ!

Just wish the 2-stroke would get a face-lift as well.

Otherwise I think the new look is good, but the piece with the airbox/grab holes above the numberplates looks like it was an afterthought. It doesn't flow and just looks contrived.

hmm...coming from a guy that thinks the CRF450R is a great looking bike...that's funny..

almost like someone is doing some fishing...

Who cares on the looks...how is the bike on the track? That is the real question.

efi is overated, a trend

While it might be overrated (at this point at least) it most definitely is not just a trend.