450f down to a 250f question

If you ride dunes you'll be bummed on a 250...

this weekend i saw a kx250f with a light rider and a paddle do more then most of the 450s in the dune hill climbs, its the rider.

Yeah, but your talking about a skilled kid who weighed much less than the average man...If you're in sand and weigh around 190lbs or up, no matter how skilled you are, your friends on 450s will be leaving you in the dust all day long...And you'll be putting way more of a hurt on the bike...

but then again he was only like 150 and yes he was very skilled.

my 450 will do all climbs dosnt metter whos the rider.

All I can say is get the 450 and learn to ride it. You are tired cause you are holding the bike with your arms. USE YOUR LEGS and grip the bike with your knees. You will be amazed at your control and endurance on the bike once you ride it properly.

The 250fs are fun, but most tracks around here, you find yourself wanting more power to clear the jumps especially out of corners. Now if you were about 20-30 pounds lighter you would be fine with the 250f power, add a cam and pipe port the head. But the 450 is better out of the box for your weight.

they both have their advantages/dis-advantages. the one thing i was thinking of while reading this thread was maintnance... On the 450, its not gonna take as much abuse as say a 250f. Since youll be riding the 250 way harder than the 450, its gonna wear faster, so youll probably being doing a top end faster. But its all up to you and what you want. I personally prefer the 450.

they both have their advantages/dis-advantages. the one thing i was thinking of while reading this thread was maintnance... On the 450, its not gonna take as much abuse as say a 250f. Since youll be riding the 250 way harder than the 450, its gonna wear faster, so youll probably being doing a top end faster. But its all up to you and what you want. I personally prefer the 450.

I think I'm just gonna keep the 450 and learn to ride it better. I do like having the power on tap. Thanks guys...