2008 YZ450f Oil leak

I don't know if someone already posted a thread about this, but after I do a few motos on the track and let my bike sit I noticed that there was oil dripping out of the black hose by the crankcase cover. It's not a constant drip like a leaky faucet, but like a slow drip lol. Anyways, is this normal?

I had the same problem with my 08 too. I filled to spec. from the manual and noticed drops of oil from the breather hose as well. The funny thing is that this only seems to happen with certain brands of oil. I got a great deal on Castrol and it seemed to drip alot more than the Maxima I have always ran. I just poured the rest of the Castrol down the storm drain :worthy: and haven't seen a drop of oil since.

I had the same problem with my 08 too. I filled to spec. from the manual and noticed drops of oil from the breather hose as well. The funny thing is that this only seems to happen with certain brands of oil. I got a great deal on Castrol and it seemed to drip alot more than the Maxima I have always ran. I just poured the rest of the Castrol down the storm drain :worthy: and haven't seen a drop of oil since.

The perks of living in ID.:banana:

Hmmm, thanks. I may just have to try different brands of oil and see if that resolves my problem. :banana:

I just recently bought a used '06 450 the owner complained was "leaking" oil. I coudn't find anything wrong with it except the right side cases were caked with oily crud...Upon undertaking to change the oil it appeared the left side drain plug had never been removed - the bolt looked mint.

Got a sneakin suspicion the oil "leak" was the result of the hapless owner overfilling with oil as he dutifully "maintained" his bike.

I won't comment on the dumping of oil in the storm drain comment as it's already been adequately characterized.

Idaho will look just like East Germany before long.

That's disgusting.

C'mon, it only affects those who live down river from me!

In all seriousness I dutifully took the drained oil to an oil recycling facility and paid my disposal fee, always do.

Looks like GR513 may be moonlighting as an undercover Sierra Club agent?:worthy: