Project Supermoto

Well im finally getting my street legal supermoto project going, i stripped my 08 yz450f down to a bare frame so i can take it to the powder coaters this weekend, im going satin black on the frame subframe and swingarm. I have alot of work and $$$ ahead of me. Ill be going to a wr style charging system and a few other mods.

006-5.jpg?t=1247709107

007-5.jpg?t=1247709163

hey desert rat - before you take your frame to the powder coater's - spend a little time with an aluminum file and knock down the casting seams (mold lines) in the frame - it will look a lot better. I did that with my frame. Something else - seee if the PC can use either a low temp pC or use a lower temp with longer baking time - less chance of the heat making the aluminum brittle.

• Like 1

hey its cool! i figured id ask...how have they been holding up for you??

they are nice wheels i have the 18 inch rear wheel, seeing as i only use the bike for trails, i liked having more sidewall in my tire.

Little update after taking the frame to the powder coater i decided to have it painted candy blue, i also ordered a set of applied racing triple clamps for it.

$250 is a great deal too....if i were you i would get some clear vynal frame stickers cut to protect that powder coat from your boots!!

yeahh thats not a bad idea.

How long did it take you to disassemble everything? I WANT to do this but my much more mechanically inclined friend doesn't seem too interested. ?